Corrosion & Coating Testing:
The word Corrosion can be defined as a chemical or electrochemical reaction between a material, usually a metal or an alloy, and its environment that generally leads to its deterioration.
Material testing laboratory is extremely competent to undertake any kind of Corrosion testing, and the testing activities are carried out exactly as per set standard conditions.
Tests at MTL:
- Salt Spry Test (NSS)- ASTM B 117 , ZIS 2371
- Salt Spray Test (CASS)-ASTM B 368 & IS 5528
- Zinc coating-IS: 6745 & IS:1573
- Paint / Powder Coating- IS:101(pt-3 , Sec -2)
- Anodic coating -IS: 5523 & IS:6012
- Phosphate coating- IS:14503