|Type of Water||Drinking Water|
Water & Waste Water:
“Water is life”. Good quality drinking water is still a distant dream for most of the population. Hence assessing the water quality for human consumption and recreational purposes is of utmost importance.
- Drinking water,
- Water for irrigation and recreational and construction purpose.
- River and Lake water.
- Inland water.
- Study of contamination of water.
- Water for Industrial applications.
- Consultancy Services.
- Potability of drinking water as per IS : 10500 (Essential and complete tests)
- Water for Irrigation purpose as per IS:11624
- Water for swimming pool purposes as per IS : 3228
Water for Industrial Applications:
Process Water for :
- Food Processing Industry
- Textile Industry
- Paper Mill
- Specific end uses like boiler feed water, cooling water, for steam generation etc.
- Suitability for construction propose as per IS : 456
Soil And Solid Waste:
Soil sustains life on this earth. However, rapid industrialization and population explosion leads to the deterioration of soil quality and repercussion of which is the decrease in agricultural productivity, increase in soil erosion etc. At the same time, industries dump their waters in the open land. With slight changes in the environmental conditions, the toxic pollutants leach out and eventually contaminate the aquifer and groundwater. Hence investigation of soil properties and management of solid wastes is essential for sustainable land use.
- Physical Parameters: Color, Odour, Taste, Temperature, Turbidity, etc. These tests generally should precede any other test.
- Chemical Parameters: pH, Acidity, Alkalinity, Hardness, Dissolved Oxygen, Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Concentration of Heavy & toxic metals like Mercury, Lead, Arsenic, Cadmium etc., Inorganic ions like Nitrate, Nitrite etc. The majority of tests conducted on Water fall under this category as these parameters have significant effects on the Quality of Water.
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer(AAS)
- UV -visible spectrophotometer
- Digital pH meter
- Conductivity meter
- BOD incubator
- COD Apparatus
- Distillation Apparatus
- DO meter
- TDS meter
- Soxhlet Apparatus
- Indian Standards (IS)
- American Public Health Association Standards (APHA)